Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Big News Tomorrow...

...maybe. The bank "stress test" results are scheduled to be released tomorrow, but like the rest of the economy, expect the results to be thoroughly manipulated by the government. You can rest assured that they are working hard to make sure that everybody passes. In any event, its highly possible that we will see big moves in the markets, whatever the result. My guess is that they will be down sharply, but as things are quite unpredictable at the moment, I don't have any money on it (it sure was tempting, though...) Commodities are scaring the pants off me. Oil hit its highest price of the year, and base metals are on the rise. Is it the beginning of the great inflation? I wish I could say. Strange as it sounds, I really wish things would turn back down. If the economy "recovers," its all over for us Americans. While we stay in this funk, prices should stay down, and we'll be able to afford nice things like food and shelter. It may be stressful, but at least we get to eat. If the money ever starts flowing again, we're all going to be in big trouble. Oh, and by the way, I'm working on something big. An actual statistical study, with graphs and everything. Hopefully, it will be out by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment