Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh, I-Wish-I-Were-A-Soc-cial-is-tic-Wei-ner...

Congratulations to Ben on his accurate election prediction! He is now, in fact, The Better Man. I note that the DOW slid almost 500 points today, and I expect the market to plumb new depths over the next couple of weeks. It won't be the last gasp, but it will be scary. Obama's fault? Hardly. I don't think it matters much, at least in the short run. It probably would have fallen either way. But I'm not holding my breath on Obama straightening things out in the long run, either. Its going to be a long, slow, grinding recession. Especially if he manages to be as meddlesome as I suspect he will. ------Update------ I certainly hope this does not turn out to be the case. I certainly hope Ben does not come to regret his political endorsement. I certainly wish reading something like this did not bother me, and that I had no reason to take such speculation seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment